HOMEWORK PACKETS include:
1. abcya.com has several math practice activities such as Marble Math or Balloon Pop in 1st grade level
2. hoodamath.com, play Number Eaters in 1st grade level
3. funbrain.com, play Blast Off in the Math Arcade (addition & subtraction)
by Lakeshore Learning
READING (3 assignments)
1.Reading Log-- Please have yourchild read to YOU for 15-20 minutes from a book that is at their Guided Reading Level every night or higher if you want to challenge them.
Please initial your child's Homework Planner Sheet on the right side edge to confirm reading time completed.
2. Fluency Reading Sheet (if your child receives one, practice each day, at least 4 days out of 7)
(Keep this at home) Please have your child read you this sheet every night (at least 4 times in a week) to practice reading in a smoother, more fluent voice. Please use the
Pink Sheet titled, "Help Your Child Be a Better Reader" (given at Back to School Night) to ask your child questions about their stories. Keep this at home as a reference for the rest of the year. If you loose it, have your child ask me for a new one.
3. Practice Sight Word List
We will assess your child weekly on their list. The words that are highlighted in yellow are the words they know.
Please practice the words in random order each night. You keep this copy at home (you do not need to return).
We will give the children time to practice in class and reassess them as they practice. Once they pass the list, they move on to the next level.
WRITING (2 assignments)
1. Journal Write-OPINION Write
PROMPT: NO WRITING HOMEWORK
1. Journal Writing Piece Must Have:
a) Illustration with details and color.
b) One Sentence per day (total of at least 5 sentences).